My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Looking at you

This feeling will persist
I insist we continue on with it
Seek more than the deed
Converge what we see
The road I traveled
The path of where I won’t flee

This heart will pound
I am bound in my chains
Search more than the beats
Feel what we hear
The soles of my shoes
The map where I won’t lose view

These hands will pair together
Touch the secrets hidden within
Hold what hasn’t been finished
A beacon of light, tender in the night
Flight of all will
Under my survey, it is you

These lips will part and merge
This space in my face
Tip on my horizon
A stand upon new landing
The sand didn’t sink
The link that completes it all

Your new ground
The sound of firm footing
Upon my fields
Kneel in the grass
A grasp on what’s true
Looking at you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home