My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The New Line

The sound stops
Blocks my concentration
Waiting for a new turn
Dismissing the worn path I dragged along
Sang off key, disappearing to a new song

And I looked for guidance from the tracks-
That lacked vision, a division of my heart
Torn apart, right from the start
Freedom isn’t really free
But I’m not shooting at a target

Question my motives
The explosive interior ready to burst
I thirst for a meaning
A reason for all the thought
Wishing not to get lost in my own abyss

Pass the stone
And swipe my card
I’ve been so close, but still too far
I don’t know these lies at all
Call me and count the minutes

Hair sticks to the floor
I break another fall
“Tall and proud”, what have I found?
Loud and suffocating
Amazing and mesmerizing

2.95, order up another Black & Tan
We love the change of seasons
Displeasing and teasing
Fabrication isn’t half what its caught up to be
On trivial visits across this new line

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home