My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Artist Eye

I had fled from myself
Too scared to look within
Tried to be without my soul
I had neglected what I now-
hold most dear

I was blind
Though the artist's eye cured-
my own disease
What I once despised-
I learned to embrace
The face I saw-
became my own
These hands, which I had concealed
Revealed to become apart of what-
I had lost

The opportunity was taken
My fears shook off my back
The artist's eye gave me the substance
That I had once lacked
I have this peace-
with the power to create
The ability to express these ideas
For all to see

With the stroke of my brush
I am painted anew
With this drawing
I am whole
With this photograph
I am my own
The artist's eye gave this girl-
a chance to be
Gave this girl a purpose, a meaning

Seeing beyond what's there
The dreams now are goals
And what I hold onto-
becomes all of me

The artist's eye is truly a gift
I am lifted above the despair-
That I had called my life
Strife tried to encompass-
all I could see
But the artist's eye cured me-
of my own disease
Because I am no longer-
afraid of my individuality

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home