My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

These Fields

I searched for beauty in these fields of Africa
Took the life of a creature for its skin
But its blood was the only beauty within

I searched for beauty in these fields of Africa
A spectrum or colors caught my eye
A small pay for exquisite finery
But on my wrist
The bliss of its nature faded
And the black and brown shades reigned on these beads

I searched for beauty in these fields of Africa
Searched within, to why my desires had been
And their reasoning

Staring upon the deep blue
And it’s various hues
I reached an epiphany
Injustice on my wrist, with my rifle
And the truth had been forsaken
The beauty, I had taken

I had experienced immortality first hand
I had dealt this crime
I only give my word to the settlers of the East
To suppress the regression of your ways

Do not find in this animal’s skin
Or for the possession of a mere bracelet
Find beauty within

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home