My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

The First Fall is the Hardest

They say the first fall is the hardest
That your heart can't contain
That you can't refrain from feeling
Dealing with your words, your glances
Dancing with you tonight

I say the first fall is the hardest
My eyes can't sustain this joy
Lifting the hold, my own void
You have a way with you
Kissing you tonight

You say the first fall is the hardest
That your hands can't stay still
They fill mine in this time
Teasing me with temptation
Facing the gaze, your love today, tonight

The first fall is the hardest
The control has evaporated
It is all new, but feels so right-
like I've awaited this all my life
With our fall, the hardest, tonight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home