My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Injustice of us

The injustice of our love
We inhabit this room
Each our own
The computer, TV, radio
Is all ours, but the towers shift further away

The injustice of our circumstance
Jealously reigns, though we pretend-
that it doesn't exist
Your heart fit mine so well
Though our time wasn't then-
and I didn't send for you

The injustice of this "fate"
Destiny planned a wrong course
For our romance, because all-
leads to now
And I wonder, how we both can live-
with this heavy hold, that was never sold

The injustice of our reluctance
Our denial of what we know to be true
You and I hide behind this pride
Living a lie and wash these reoccurring tears

The injustice of our ignorance
It stems in our pain
And we go on living through, waiting-
for another "you"

The injustice of our souls
We are the same eyes that got lost
We are the same lips that engendered-
love's greatest tale
We are the same body that tossed in our bed
Now this is all left unsaid

This injustice of no future
Must be blocked, must be ruled otherwise
Because the search can't continue and it's you-
that can cure the injustice of us
With every look my way, this is justice
In the house we live taking our lives-
back together today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home