My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Time

Not the best, but it's something.

It's time to be selfish
Time to give up trying
Give up the will to please
The need to see things through
I cannot love anyone else

It's time to be scared
Time to run with fear
Give up the will to calm
The need to walk without ease
I am the only one without a shield

It's time to be honest
Time to speak without restraints
Give up the will to patch it over
The need to throw myself to the wind
I will be blown to the other side

It's time to see
Time to look with peripheral vision
Give up the will to blind my surroundings
The need to trip over the cracks
I will tense in the waiting

It's time to let go
Time to kill all that's holding me back
Give up the will to be safe
The need to be in fright
I will burst with the sight

Not the only girl
Not the only mistake
Not the only "fate"
Not the only skin
Not the only one living in "sin"

All that's known is over
I cannot capture or seize
The tears leave me tonight
The ache is always close by
In the waiting, in this time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home