My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Quarterflash

My thoughts keep me insane
Cause earlier I was just tame
And my brain, about to explode
Implode down here next to me
You see the blood dripping
It creeps through
Down to the bottom of my shoes

What's new you ask
A flask that's ready to be filled
And a pill that will pop itself
Double up the dosage
Cause the madness can't contain itself
It's felt everywhere
It's manifested and I've been throughly tested

Wasted, thinking wasted is a new state of mind
And i've got no time to figure out the details
Cause tomorrow I might fail
See the error of my ways
And tonight is my new day
Ready to fade away

Picture the fight
The light flickering back to me
The sounds coming back
Soothing for the moment
A toner that needs to be replaced
And some new voyage that needs to be faced
Laced with fear and apprehension

Tomorrow you're a goner
And tonight I'm a loner
Searching for one more day
To pen the ink that awaits
And tremble below
You can hold me till you cannot
And you can kiss me till you won't
Jumping ship without a notion
Without devotion, void of emotion

Quarterflash playing in the background
The sound of July, back again
And remember when, we were yellow and leaning
Kissing over the side of the bed
Running to catch the Metro
What was left of DC
What you took with me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home