My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Monday, October 01, 2007

The Tipping Point

Your influence is grand
My love, full of demands
Can you be that man
To handle these needs
Feeding this broken heart

Cause the tipping point
Is coming on through
And you can push it on through
Each movement you make
Sways my tears across the mountain

Understand my love
That tomorrow is long away
And today is never ending
And the message you are sending
Is miles down the road

But the hope you have sowed
Of this life, the undertow
Is massive and unruly
Fully showing itself
One day more blessed

So why do I have to question thee?
Are you worth the scars that are to come?
The rays that will burn this skin
And your arms that hold me
Won't be holding on forever

Short lived and tempered
Cause I may be the selfish kind
But my eyes see the hurting lies
Love is a 4 letter lie
And its a waste of my time

Love is a 4 letter word
And it occupied our time
It was just mine
I gave so much
And now my pain is massive

The message I am sending
Is nearer than these tracks
The fact is
I love you
But I can no longer hold on

And the message I am sending
I need someone to tend to this heart
Someone to love it and mend it
And the bliss we knew
Was just reserved for us few

And your influence will always be grand
But you are no longer the man
To handle these needs
To see me through
And I loved you
You, among the few

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home