My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Broken miles for broken hearts

Take care of my needs
The seeds of my repression
Tensing within inside
The nights become longer
And sleep is hard to find

30 degrees, breathing for air
Scared of the next light
Scared of what might become
The sun will break through
But you are nowhere to be found

Push me around with your words
Thinking they will cure my heartache
Forsaking everything for seconds
Giving when its convenient
And loving when its easy

Though its never easy
When everything grows cold
The distance pans out for far less
Far less than you could ever give
Living for us is what I dreamed

Blind faith is necessary
Keeps me afloat
Touch me and let all this anger go
The regression I know
Is the progression you exercise

The demise, unexpected and sudden
The gradual peace, my needs still linger
Life is never what we envision
Travel a foot for love
But there will always be-
broken miles for broken hearts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home