My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Not just me

I've got my arsenal
Packed and ready
Ready to go
Show you what I made of
Cause its rarely shown
Rarely spoken of
I've got my hope
Packed and lying beneath
For you ready to see
For you to hold onto
And grasp with me
Cause its rarely shown
I've got my love
Out on my own sleeve
For you, ready to trample on
For you, ready to see through
For you to follow my suit
Cause its rarely done
I've got my peace
Not my piece of the pie
For us, ready to demand
For us, we need to demand
For us, its more than a catchphrase
Its a place in our hearts
I've got my fear
And it's lead me here
Shed enough tears on their behalf
They wish to tear me down
But this fear will only keep me around
Help me stand my ground
And I had this hate
And I had this contempt
Which only made it worse
They wish to tear us apart
But while our hearts are breaking
We are taking this stand
Cause its not just my heart
Bleeding through the sleeves
Its just not my hope
Getting me through
Its just not my love
Making me see your heart
Its not just an us vs. them
But the many and the few
All of you
Making a demand
For today, tomorrow, for tonight
And the rest of our lives

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home