My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

7am

Tracing the times I've pondered
Wondered where the times went
Spent lying in bed
Forgetting thinking of all the things I've read
Trying to forget everything you said

What has lead me to here?
Was it me waiting?
Or me just wanting you near?
The fears come and manifest
Distract me from my own rest

Another ring to pass through
Who knew it would resurface
Pushing through to you
My desire lost itself there
Tumbling and pulling till tomorrow

But the sorrow leaves for only a moment
Brief in the breathes
A feeling that kept me off balance
The talents come through, only now
What have I found?

Life stands still
Looking for something to fill
Beyond a picture or a pill
Further on down
The sounds remind me where I am

My weapon of choice
Sometimes, lacks its own voice
It creeps in and pens me away
I'd rather live for now and today
then escape for tomorrow

It ebbs and flows
Showing itself when it feels the need
I barely recognize the feeling anymore
Sore, but you can't see
A need greater than you'd understand

Tracing the times I've pondered
I wonder why am I still awake
Taking it all in my head
Its 7am
And I've finally reached the bed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home