My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Miles after a broken heart

I know you've given it all
That you can no longer open up
To do so would prolong the pain
To do so would harden the harbor

1000 miles for a shot of dignity
100 miles for some respect
10 miles apart
But weekends filled up her time
Destroyed your peace, your comfortable life

I know you gave it all
That you could no longer trust again
To do so would prolong the pain
To do so would harden the harbor

1000 miles for a shot of love
100 miles for some kindness
10 miles and a right turn
But weeks filled up her time
Put her at ease, but left you dismantled

I know you hoped it would come
That you could no longer look after this
To do so would end the searching
To do so would give you understanding

1000 miles for a shot at a fairytale
100 miles for some peace
10 miles and a left turn
But months went by, and she left you
Killed your spirit, broke your heart

I know you wished it were different
That you could escape the distance
To do so would erase the sacrifice
To do so would end the agony

1000 miles for a new life
100 miles to forget the strife
10 miles to come knocking on my door
Cause miles after your broken heart
I'll be here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home