My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

To the Wolves

The hanging of the telephone
Your sounds hardly convinced me
And the tears came under my breath
It was the breadth of this knowledge
That would send me to the pillow smashing
Tempers flairing, and fevers rising
The terror you almost unleashed
To feed her to the wolves
To take my oath elsewhere

In anguish and grief
The "I" statements lost themselves
Its not me that needs help
Its what I wanted, what we both felt
It was my promise, your need
And another opportunity lost
For terrority already charted upon
Feed your hungry in the streets alone

I won't wait for the turning point
For your truth, another epiphany
That the day for reality will come to you
If you could only see where you're headed back
On the back of my bones, cracking each one
I once told you they were delicate
Each one protected, with its own shell
Now you're doing the same
But I won't play 'the game'

The "I"s will come back
Cause tonight was another excuse
Another abuse in the name of harboring
The cradling of your heart
But will you stitch mine up?
It was a mistake in the pursuit of lust
Lost, because you're scared of this love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home