My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

My name is Samantha and I am a 22 year old college first year senior at UNCG trying to figure out life as I type this. I am very involved in activism for LGBT rights, women's rights, human rights in general. I enjoy intellectual and political discussion, movies, music, reading, meeting new people, writing poetry and newspaper articles, and the lifelong acquistion of knowledge in and outside the classroom.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Romance

The romance I've desired
The fire I've encompassed
The dreams I've engendered
They've lingered on
Held me sturdy between the fables

The love I've looked for
The many doors held open
The countless hours keeping me at bay
The nights I laid awake
Kept me peaceful between the novels

The needs I've wanted to fill
The coffers I wanted to spill over
The yearning I've penned over before
The heavy breathing sessions on the floor
Guided me through a new terrain

The rain that fell
The demise that was
The agony of heartache
And the reality of a broken heart
Taught me lessons through many hands

The love of the past
The pain that has lasted
In search for new avenues
That will somehow appear
Over the summers, I searched for it

Tomorrow I take new land
Overcome the abhorrance
Overcome the insurgency of my own heart
That separated me from the parts-
The parts of love that I missed

The greater bliss of uncertainity
The greater test of identity
The greater need of compassion
The greatest love of myself
The greatest romance to ever occur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home